- Who can visit Belize?
Any traveller is permitted to visit Belize at this time. All travellers must:
- Download the Belize Health App and input the required information no more than 72 hours prior to landing in Belize, and
- Bring along an Official Vaccine Card reflecting the receipt of the dual or single dose vaccine at least two weeks prior to arrival.
- Or, if you cannot provide proof of immunization bring along a negative Real-time Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) Covid-19 test taken within 96 hours of travel, OR Rapid Antigen, Sofia, SD Biosensor, ABBOTT (Panbio) test taken no more than 48 hours prior to travel. If neither is presented, you can take a Covid-19 test upon arrival
- Children under the age of 5 are not required to present a negative COVID test; Children 5 years and older must present a negative COVID test.
- Where can I find the Belize Health App?
The Belize Health App is available for download via APK file for Android (version 1.09 or newer) and in the App Store. The App can also be downloaded via https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety. The App can be downloaded at any time prior to your trip to Belize, but your information should be entered no more than 72 hours prior to your arrival in Belize.
Once complete, you’ll receive a unique travel ID and QR code; it is recommended that you take a screenshot of this to show the Health Officer upon arrival in Belize.
- I do not have a smartphone/not travelling with a phone – how will I be able to register for the Belize Health App?
If you don’t have a smart phone, the App can also be downloaded to a tablet.
- Where can I find a list of all the countries approved for entry to Belize?
The Government of Belize (GOB) does not currently have any travel bans in place. We encourage you to visit www.travelbelize.org regularly for updates on Covid-19, as the situation remains fluid.
- What specific measures are being taken in Belize to protect visitors from contracting the virus?
The country’s primary concern is to assure both travellers and residents that Belize’s tourism product is safer than ever before. A series of new enhanced health and safety protocols have been put in place to protect visitors, Belizeans, and our communities.
- Mandatory use of face masks in public spaces
- Enforcement of physical distancing measures in public spaces and capacity restrictions at restaurants (currently 50%), grocery stores, retail stores, etc.
- Introduction of the “Tourism Gold Standard Program” which seeks to enhance the tourism industry’s health and safety standards by adapting new behaviours and procedures to ensure both employees and travellers are confident in the cleanliness and safety of Belize’s tourism product. Some of these new measures include:
- Online check-in/out, contactless payment systems, and automated ordering/booking systems
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Enhanced cleaning and sanitization of public spaces and high touch surfaces
- Capacity restrictions for all tourism sites to ensure physical distancing can be maintained
- Smaller tour groups to provide a more intimate tour experience
Gold Standard entities can be easily identified by looking for the Gold Standard Certificate or Safety seal.